Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Training: 3 Days to Opening Day

With 3 days left before Opening Day at Coors, the Rockies are looking in pretty good shape heading into the Season. Their rotation is set, much of their total roster is ready, and they have done pretty well in spring games (Currently 20-10-1).

Will the move to the Phoenix area for Spring Training pay off for them. In terms of facilities, even without the shorter commute times for "road" games, the Rockies should be in better shape physically than in most previous years.

The most intriguing aspect to me, is how they will use their bench, with super-Utility player Ty Wigginton, along with Jose Lopez and Jonathan Herrera around, plus the extremely limited Jason Giambi as a designated Pinch-Hitter. I think it's good to have Giambi because he seems to have a good rapport with the players, and can act as an extra coach, but I'm not certain that it's a good thing to have him take up a roster spot.

Time will tell. In 72 hours the season will get underway.

1 comment:

  1. "Road: 31-50" That will have to improve this year if we are going to have a shot to win it all. We need to go .500 on the Road at least. I am so excited for opening day, I wish I had tickets instead of trying to win them. Luckily I work at DISH Network so if I don't win any I will be all set with the DISH Remote Access app and my Sling Adapter. With those two items, I can stream live content anywhere I have access to 3g or a wifi signal. Check out DISH.com and search TV Everywhere for more information and GO ROCKIES!!!

    ReplyDelete